Computer terms and defintions H
- What is Disk Hard Explain and at a higher density than a floppy diskette. It is scaled in an airtight compartment to avoid contaminants that could damage or destroy
- What is Hardware Explain The physical components of a computer system
- What is Interrupt Hardware Explain A signal from a device to the computer, indicating that an event has taken place
- What is Head Explain A disk-drive mechanism that reads data from and writes data to the disk
- What is Crash Head Explain Occurs when the head hits the disk platter on a hard disk, physically damaging the disk and the data on it
- What is Help Explain displayed whenever the F1 key is pressed from within the DOS shell, in which case the help text is context-sensitive, that is, relating
- What is File Help Explain A file of textual information containing helpful explanations of commands, modes, and other on-screen tutorial information. See also help
- What is Hexadecimal Explain the digits 0 through 9 and the letters A through 7. A single eight-bit byte can be fully represented as two hexadecimal digits
- What is Attribute Hidden Explain indicate whether the file in question is to be bidden from view and from all commands that search the DOS directory table
- What is Files Hidden Explain directory listing. This term usually refers to DOS's internal system files, disk labeling file, deletion-tracking file, and partition
- What is Diskette Capacity High Explain A 1.2Mb 5 1/4". 1,44Mb 3 1/2", or 2.88Mb 3 1/2" floppy diskette
- What is Highlighting Explain reverse video or in a combination of contrasting colors to indicate the choice to be made when you press the Return key
- What is Mode Resolution High Explain all available pixels are used to provide the most detailed screen image possible. On a color monitor, this mode reduces the possible range
- What is Key Hot Explain A key combination used to signal that a memory-resident program should begin operation
- What is Housekeeping Explain Making sure the directory stays intact and well organized, and that unnecessary files are deleted
Computer definitions for beginners
What it means in computer science? Term related to computers.
Definition Housekeeping, Hot Key, High-Resolution Mode, Highlighting, High-Capacity Diskette, Hidden Files, Hidden Attribute, Hexadecimal, Help File, Help, Head Crash explain.
What is Housekeeping, Hot Key, High-Resolution Mode, Highlighting help.