Computer terms and defintions W
- What is wild cards Explain Characters used to represent any other characters. In DOS,* and? are the only wild-card symbols
- What is warm booting Explain Resetting the computer without turning it off, by using the Ctrl- Alt-Del key combination. See bootstrapping
- What is warning box Explain an input error (such as an incorrect password) or a potentially dangerous consequence of a requested operation
- What is wide directory listing Explain An alternate output format that lists multiple columns of file names. Obtained by using the /W switch with the DIR command
- What is word processor Explain A computerized typewriter. It allows the correction and reformatting of documents before they are printed
- What is wrapping around Explain at the end of a list to move the selection cursor to the top of the list, as if the two ends of the list were attached to each other. With
- What is write-protecting Explain covering the write-protect notch (on a 5 1/4" diskette) or by sliding the write-protect switch (on a 3 1/2" diskette) to a see
Computer definitions for beginners
What it means in computer science? Term related to computers.
Definition Write-Protecting, Wrapping Around, Word Processor, Wide Directory Listing, Warning Box, Warm Booting, Wild Cards explain.
What is Write-Protecting, Wrapping Around, Word Processor, Wide help.