Computer terms and defintions R
- What is Ram Explain computer's memory to which you have access; it stores programs and data while the computer is on. When the computer is off or loses
- What is Disk Ram Explain a disk drive. All data in this area of memory is lost when the computer is turned off or warm booted. It is also known as a virtual disk
- What is Range Explain A contiguous series of values (minimum to maximum, first to last, and so on
- What is read-after-write verification Explain invoked with the VERIFY command or the /V switch in conjunction with COPY, DISKCOPY, or XCOPY. It rereads data after writing it to disk
- What is Status Only Read Explain A file with this status cannot be updated but can be read
- What is Attribute Write Read Explain The bit in a file specification that indicates whether a file can accept changes or deletions, or can only be accessed for reading
- What is Mode Real Explain Windows 3, the other two being standard mode and 386 enhanced mode. Real mode is the only mode in which a computer with less than 1Mb of
- What is Redirection Explain The process of causing output from one program or device to be routed to another program or device
- What is Statement Rem Explain a CONFIG.SYS file, or a batch file, which contains remarks or comments for program explanation or clarification. REM statements are not
- What is Memory Reserved Explain video buffers. DOS can use it with appropriate system configuration for device drivers, memory-resident programs (TSRs), and ordinary
- What is Names Reserved Explain Specific words, in a programming language or operating system, which should not be used in any other application context
- What is Command Resident Explain A command located in random-access memory
- What is Allocation Resource Explain Making system facilities available to individual users or programs
- What is Film Reverse Explain The effect of reversing the foreground and background colors for certain characters on screen in order to make then noticeable
- What is Rom Explain that you can only read from. This contains a small portion of the basic computer operating system, as well as certain hardware-support
- What is Directory Root Explain The first directory on any disk or drive
Computer definitions for beginners
What it means in computer science? Term related to computers.
Definition Root Directory, Rom, Reverse Film, Resource Allocation, Resident Command, Reserved Names, Reserved Memory, Rem Statement, Redirection, Real Mode, Read/write explain.
What is Root Directory, Rom, Reverse Film, Resource Allocation help.