Computer terms and defintions B
- What is Task Background Explain A second program running on your computer; usually, a printing operation that shares the CPU with your main foreground task
- What is Name Base Explain The portion of a file name to the left of the period separator; it can be up to eight characters long
- What is Basic Explain Beginner's All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code. A simple computer language similar to English. See QBasic
- What is File Batch Explain An ASCH file containing a sequence of DOS commands that will execute the commands when you invoke it
- What is Rate Baud Explain The speed of data transmission, usually in bits per second
- What is Binary Explain either a zero or a one to represent information. Also, a numbering system that uses powers of 2 to generate all other numbers
- What is Bit Explain A binary digit, either 0 or 1
- What is Mapping Bit Explain represented in the computer. The image that makes up a graphic on a computer screen is composed of individual pixels that correspond to one
- What is Up Booting Explain See bootstrapping
- What is Record Boot Explain The section on a disk that contains the minimum information DOS needs to start the system
- What is Bootstrapping Explain The process of accessing and implementing the instructions found in the boot record
- What is Branching Explain The transfer of control or execution to a statement in another program or batch file. See also decision making
- What is Key Break Explain The Ctrl+Break key combination that interrupts an executing program or command. Can also be initiated by pressing Ctrl+C
- What is Buffer Explain An area in memory set aside to speed up the transfer of data, allowing blocks of data to be transferred at once
- What is Byte Explain A byte is an eight-bit binary- digit number. A byte can represent a number from 0 to 255, thus it can signify 256 different characters
Computer definitions for beginners
What it means in computer science? Term related to computers.
Definition Byte, Buffer, Break Key, Branching, Bootstrapping, Boot Record, Booting Up, Bit Mapping, Bit, Binary, Baud Rate, Batch File, Basic, Base Name, Background Task explain.
What is Byte, Buffer, Break Key, Branching, Bootstrapping, Boot help.