Computer terms and defintions F
- What is file Explain A collection of bytes, representing a program or data, organized into records and stored as a named group on a disk
- What is file allocation table (FAT) Explain A table of sectors stored on a disk, which tells DOS whether a given sector is good, bad, continued, or the end of a chain of records
- What is file extension Explain See extension
- What is file name Explain The name of a file on the disk. File name usually refers to the base name, but it can include the extension as well
- What is file version Explain A term that refers to which developmental copy of a software program is being used or referenced
- What is filter Explain A program that accepts data as input, processes it in some manner, and then outputs the data in a different form
- What is fixed disk Explain IBM's name for a hard disk
- What is floppy diskette Explain See diskette
- What is flow of control Explain commands; how the control flows from one command to another, even when the next command to be executed is not located sequentially in the
- What is foreground task Explain computer, as opposed to the less visible background task (usually a printing job). Also, the currently switched-to task, when you have
- What is formatting Explain The placement of timing marks on a disk to arrange the tracks and sectors for subsequent reading and writing
- What is fragmentation Explain A condition in which many different files have been stored in noncontiguous sectors on a disk
- What is function keys Explain Special-purpose keys on a keyboard, which can be assigned unique tasks by the operating system or by application programs
Computer definitions for beginners
What it means in computer science? Term related to computers.
Definition Function Keys, Fragmentation, Formatting, Foreground Task, Flow Of Control, Floppy Diskette, Fixed Disk, Filter, File Version, File Name, File Extension, File explain.
What is Function Keys, Fragmentation, Formatting, Foreground Task help.