Computer terms and defintions A
- What is active partition Explain The section of a hard disk containing the operating system to be used when the hardware powers up
- What is allocation unit Explain See cluster
- What is ANSI driver Explain A device driver, contained in the ANSI.SYS file, that loads additional support for advanced console features
- What is application program Explain A computer program that performs a useful task or series of related tasks, such as balancing a checkbook or managing inventory
- What is Application Programming Interface (API) Explain The set of all operating-system service calls
- What is archive attribute Explain A bit in a file specification used to indicate whether the file in question needs to be backed up
- What is ASCII Explain Interchange; the coding scheme whereby every character the computer can access is assigned an integer code between 0 and 255
- What is assembly language Explain A symbolic form of computer language used to program computers at a fundamental level
- What is asynchronous communications Explain data that is sent is broken up into packets (or bytes) with beginning and ending stop bits. See also serial communications, synchronous
- What is attribute Explain A characteristic of a disk file. See archive attribute, hidden attribute, read/write attribute, system attribute
- What is BAT\. AUTOEXEC Explain A batch file executed automatically whenever the computer is booted up
Computer definitions for beginners
What it means in computer science? Term related to computers.
Definition Autoexec.bat, Attribute, Asynchronous Communications, Assembly Language, Ascii, Archive Attribute, Application Programming Interface (Api), Application Program explain.
What is Autoexec.bat, Attribute, Asynchronous Communications help.