What DECLINING BALANCE METHOD OF DEPRECIATION means: An accelerated method of depreciation under which the depreciable basis for the following year is reduced by the depreciation deduction taken in the current year. The depreciation decution therefore decreases each year.
- Definition Distribution:
- Dictionary Money or property a taxpayer receives from a retirement plan such as an individual retirement arrangement or an employer-maintained retirement plan. See also Distributions by Corporations declining balance method of depreciation.
- Definition Dependent Exemption:
- Dictionary An exemption for an individual who qualifies as the taxpayer's dependent. See our Exemption Allowance rate table for the current amount declining balance method of depreciation.
- Definition Depreciation:
- Dictionary deduction for the reasonable allowance for the wear and tear of assets with a life of more than one year, including real estate but not inventory, used in a trade or business or held for the declining balance method of depreciation.
- Definition Depreciable Asset:
- Dictionary Tangible personal property or real property used in business or held for the production of income with a determinable useful life of more than one year declining balance method of depreciation.
How works Declining Balance Method of meaning in Tah definition D .