Tax definitions D
- What is means Plan Benefit Defined Describe provided retirement plan that is not a defined contribution plan (defined elsewhere). The most common type of defined benefit plan is a
- What is means Dealer Describe and sells property. A person is classified as a dealer if at the time of the sale, that person held the property primarily for sale to
- What is means Declining Balance Method of Depreciation Describe under which the depreciable basis for the following year is reduced by the depreciation deduction taken in the current year. The
- What is means Compensation Deferred Describe received or upon the removal of certain restrictions on receipt and not when earned. For example, contributions by an employer to a
- What is means Plan Contribution Defined Describe employer-provided retirement plan under which a separate account is provided for each plan participant. Benefits depend on the amount
- What is means Exemption Dependent Describe An exemption for an individual who qualifies as the taxpayer's dependent. See our Exemption Allowance rate table for the current amount
- What is means Depletion Describe basis of a natural resource (for example, an oil and gas interest) is recovered upon extraction and sale of the resource. The two ways to
- What is means Asset Depreciable Describe property used in business or held for the production of income with a determinable useful life of more than one year
- What is means Loss Area Disaster Describe designated as a disaster area by the President of the United States, the casualty is designated a disaster area loss. A disaster area loss
- What is means Corporations By Distributions Describe any amounts paid by a corporation to its shareholders, or any property distributed, other than for value received in goods or services
- What is means Depreciation Describe reasonable allowance for the wear and tear of assets with a life of more than one year, including real estate but not inventory, used in a
- What is means Pension Disability Describe pension from an employer-funded disability plan received by a taxpayer who retired on disability and has not reached normal retirement age
- What is means Credit Care Dependent Describe See "Child and Dependent Care Credit."
- What is means Dependent Describe An individual who qualifies to be claimed as a dependent exemption on another person's income tax return
- What is means Interlocutory Decree Divorce Describe A divorce decree that is not yet final
- What is means Gain Deferred Describe exchange of property that is not currently taxed. The gain generally is taxed at the time the property acquired in the exchqnge is sold
- What is means Distribution Describe from a retirement plan such as an individual retirement arrangement or an employer-maintained retirement plan. See also Distributions by
- What is means Deduction Describe An amount that may be subtracted from income that is otherwise taxable
- What is means Dividend Describe profits of a corporation. An insurance dividend is not a true dividend but a return of premium. Dividends from a savings and loan
- What is means Final Decree Divorce Describe declared final by the court. This action dissolves the marriage and returns the spouses to unmarried status
Tax explained and meaning
What does it do? Descriptio of tax definitions.
Define Divorce Decree (Final), Dividend, Deduction, Distribution, Deferred Gain, Divorce Decree (Interlocutory), Dependent, Dependent Care Credit, Disability Pension definition.
Explain Divorce Decree (Final), Dividend, Deduction, Distribution what.