What EXCESS SOCIAL SECURITY TAX WITHHELD means: If a taxpayer worked for more than one employer during the calendar year and more than a specified amount of social security tax is withheld, the excess of the amount withheld over that amount is treated as a tax payment and decreases the amount that would otherwise be owed or increases the amount that would otherwise be refunded. See our Social Security Wages and Earnings Base rate table for the figure for the current year.
- Definition Employee Stock Option:
- Dictionary An option granted to an employee to purchase the employer's stock. Employee stock options to which special income tax treatment is accorded are known as statutory options excess social security tax withheld.
- Definition Expenses Of Sale:
- Dictionary When paid by the seller, these expenses reduce the sale price of property. Examples are commissions to a broker or real estate agent, title search, title insurance, legal fees, and transfer taxes excess social security tax withheld.
- Definition Employer-Funded Retirement Plan:
- Dictionary A retirement plan funded in full or in part by employer contributions on behalf of employees excess social security tax withheld.
- Definition Employee:
- Dictionary purposes, an employee is an individual who is subject to the will and control of the employer not only as to what shall be done but also as to how it shall be done. An employee is to be distinguished excess social security tax withheld.
How works Excess Social Security Tax meaning in Tah definition E .