What STOCK SPLIT means: Additional shares of stock distributed to shareholders at no cost. The number of shares received are a ratio of the shares owned. The basis of the original shares is generally apportioned equally to the total shares owned after the split.
- Definition Standard Deduction:
- Dictionary by the tax law in lieu of itemized deductions. A taxpayer whose gross income is not more than the sum of the standard deduction and exemptions generally does not have to pay tax. See our Standard stock split.
- Definition Section 125 Plan:
- Dictionary See Cafeteria Plan stock split.
- Definition Salvage Value:
- Dictionary The estimated value that will be realized upon the sale or other disposition of an asset at the end of its useful life stock split.
- Definition Severance Damages:
- Dictionary Payment received because part of a property is condemned and the value of the retained part is thereby decreased stock split.
How works Stock Split meaning in Tah definition S .