What CAPITAL EXPENDITURE means: An expenditure made for an asset with a useful life of more than one year that increases the value of or extends the useful life of the asset. Capital expenditures generally may not be deducted in the year they are paid, even if they are paid in connection with a trade or business. In other words, they are capitalized and generally may be depreciated or amortized.
- Definition Child And Dependent Care Credit:
- Dictionary 35 percent of employment-related child and dependent care expenses for up to $6,000 of expenses is available to individuals who are employed and maintain a household for a dependent child or disabled capital expenditure.
- Definition Capital Gain Distributions:
- Dictionary mutual funds, regulated investment companies, and real estate investment trusts that represent the shareholder's portion of gain from the sale of capital assets owned by these investment capital expenditure.
- Definition Cost Depletion:
- Dictionary recovering the taxpayer's investment in natural resources or timber. The cost is recovered proportionately as the resource is extracted or the timber harvested. Also see "Percentage capital expenditure.
- Definition Cash Equivalent Doctrine:
- Dictionary basis taxpayer does not report income until cash is constructively or actually received. Under the cash equivalent doctrine, cash-basis taxpayers are required to report income if the equivalent of capital expenditure.
How works Capital Expenditure meaning in Tah definition C .