What POLYMER means: A large molecule composed of many repeating subunits. Polymers range from familiar synthetic plastics such as polystyrene to natural biopolymers such as DNA. Polymers have unique physical properties, including strength, flexibility and elasticity.
- Definition Photon:
- Dictionary A particle of light or electromagnetic radiation. The energies of photons range from high-energy gamma rays and x-rays to low-energy radio waves polymer.
- Definition Positron Emission Tomography (PET):
- Dictionary radiopharmaceuticals to create 3 dimensional images. The decay of the radiotracers used with PET scans produce small particles called positrons. When positrons react with electrons in the body they polymer.
- Definition Prosthetics:
- Dictionary The design, fabrication, and fitting of artificial body parts polymer.
- Definition Piezoelectric Crystals:
- Dictionary transducer of an ultrasound device that vibrate when an electric signal is applied, emitting high-frequency sound pressure waves. The crystals are the crucial component of an ultrasound device both polymer.