What MICROFLUIDICS means: A multidisciplinary field including engineering, physics, chemistry and biotechnology involving the design of systems for the precise control and manipulation of fluids on a small, sub-millimeter scale. Typically fluids are moved, mixed, separated or processed in various ways.
- Definition Minimally Invasive Surgery:
- Dictionary procedure typically utilizing one or more small incisions through which laparoscopic surgical tools are inserted and manipulated by a surgeon. Minimally invasive surgery can reduce damage to microfluidics.
- Definition Mammography:
- Dictionary An X-ray imaging method used to image the breast for the early detection of cancer and other breast diseases. It is used as both a diagnostic and screening tool microfluidics.
- Definition Microscopy:
- Dictionary Using microscopes to view samples and objects that cannot be seen with the unaided eye microfluidics.
- Definition Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (MRS):
- Dictionary analytic imaging technique used to study metabolic changes in diseases affecting the brain, including tumors, strokes, and seizures. The technique is also used to study the metabolism of other organs microfluidics.