What SHORT SALE means: A sale in which the seller borrows the stock certificates or other property delivered to the buyer. At a later date, the seller either purchases similar stock or property necessary to "cover" the sale, and delivers it to the lender or delivers to the lender stock or property that he or she already held but did not wish to transfer at an earlier date. For income tax purposes, there is no gain or loss on the transaction until the short sale is covered by purchase and transfer. Special rules apply in determining whether the gain or loss on a short sale is a long-term or short-term capital gain or loss.
- Definition Support:
- Dictionary provided on behalf of an individual. Support includes food, lodging, and other necessities as well as recreation and other nonessential expenditures. Support is not limited to necessities and can be short sale.
- Definition Special Needs Child:
- Dictionary credit, a child determined by the state to be difficult to adopt due to factors such as racial or ethnic background, age, a condition that requires special care, or whether the child has siblings. A short sale.
- Definition Salvage Value:
- Dictionary The estimated value that will be realized upon the sale or other disposition of an asset at the end of its useful life short sale.
- Definition Section 1231 Property:
- Dictionary property includes depreciable assets and real estate used in a trade or business and held for more than one year. Under certain circumstances, it also includes timber, coal, domestic iron ore short sale.
How works Short Sale meaning in Tah definition S .