What SYNCHROTRON means: A large circular facility/device that accelerates sub-atomic particles in a magnetic field in a circular path that generates electromagnetic radiation with a defined exit (beam line). One type of synchrotron (a synchrotron light source) converts a high-energy beam of electrons into high-energy x-rays that can be used in a number of applications including biomedical imaging.
- Definition Stem Cell:
- Dictionary cell of a multicellular organism that is capable of giving rise to more of the same cell type indefinitely, and has the ability to differentiate into many other types of cells that form the synchrotron.
- Definition Scaffold:
- Dictionary A structure of artificial or natural materials on which tissue is grown to mimic a biological process outside the body or to replace a disease or damaged tissue inside the body synchrotron.
- Definition Spectroscopy:
- Dictionary the branch of science concerned with the investigation and measurement of spectra produced when matter interacts with or emits electromagnetic radiation synchrotron.
- Definition Structured Illumination Microscopy (SIM):
- Dictionary high resolution microscopy designed to capture extremely clear images of cells and molecules, even when they are moving quickly. The sophisticated technique uses a number of filters and other light synchrotron.