What SPECTROSCOPY means: the branch of science concerned with the investigation and measurement of spectra produced when matter interacts with or emits electromagnetic radiation.
- Definition Scaffold:
- Dictionary A structure of artificial or natural materials on which tissue is grown to mimic a biological process outside the body or to replace a disease or damaged tissue inside the body spectroscopy.
- Definition Structural Biology:
- Dictionary structure of large biomolecules like proteins and nucleic acids, how the structure relates to the function of the molecule, and how alterations in structure affect function. Various methods such as spectroscopy.
- Definition Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT):
- Dictionary imaging technique using gamma rays. SPECT imaging instruments provide 3 dimensional images of the distribution of radioactive tracer molecules that have been introduced into the patient’s body. The spectroscopy.
- Definition Synchrotron:
- Dictionary facility/device that accelerates sub-atomic particles in a magnetic field in a circular path that generates electromagnetic radiation with a defined exit (beam line). One type of synchrotron (a spectroscopy.