What NUCLEAR MEDICINE means: A medical specialty that uses radioactive tracers (radiopharmaceuticals) to assess bodily functions and to diagnose and treat disease. Diagnostic nuclear medicine relies heavily on imaging techniques that measure cellular function and physiology.
- Definition Nanoparticle:
- Dictionary between 1 and 100 nanometers in size. The size is similar to that of most biological molecules and structures. Nanoparticles can be engineered for a wide variety of biomedical uses including nuclear medicine.
- Definition Nanotechnology:
- Dictionary matter with at least one dimension sized from 1 to 100 nanometers. Research areas include surface science, molecular biology, semiconductor physics, and microfabrication. Applications are diverse nuclear medicine.
- Definition Neuroimaging:
- Dictionary Includes the use of a number of techniques to image the structure and function of the brain, spinal cord, and associated structures nuclear medicine.
- Definition Neuroprosthetics:
- Dictionary of neuroscience and biomedical engineering concerned with developing devices that can substitute a motor, sensory or cognitive function lost due to injury or disease. Examples encompass a wide range nuclear medicine.