What BIOMIMETICS means: Using biological form and function seen in nature to inspire the design of solutions to engineering problems.
- Definition Biosensors:
- Dictionary A device that uses biological material, such as DNA, enzymes and antibodies, to detect specific biological, chemical, or physical processes and then transmits or reports this data biomimetics.
- Definition Bioinformatics:
- Dictionary biology that is concerned with the acquisition, storage, display and analysis of biological information. Analysis of biological information includes statistical and computational methods to model biomimetics.
- Definition Bioreactor:
- Dictionary A manufactured or engineered device that provides an environment that supports biological processes. Many bioreactors are used to grow cells or tissues for use in tissue engineering biomimetics.
- Definition Biomedical Imaging:
- Dictionary branch of medicine concerned with the development and use of imaging devices and techniques to obtain internal anatomic images and to provide biochemical and physiological analysis of tissues and biomimetics.