What RADIOPHARMACEUTICALS/RADIOACTIVE TRACERS means: Radioactive tracers are made up of carrier molecules that are bonded tightly to a radioactive atom. The carrier molecule is designed to bind to the tissue being examined so that the radioactive atom can be scanned to produce an image from inside the body.
- Definition Raman Spectroscopy:
- Dictionary relies on inelastic scattering of visible, near-infrared, or near-ultraviolet light that is delivered by a laser. The laser light interacts with molecular vibrations in the material being examined radiopharmaceuticals/radioactive tracers.
- Definition Radiation:
- Dictionary The emission of energy as electromagnetic waves or as moving subatomic particles, especially high-energy particles that cause ionization radiopharmaceuticals/radioactive tracers.
- Definition Rehabilitation Engineering:
- Dictionary engineering science and principles to develop technological solutions and devices to assist individuals with disabilities, and aid the recovery of physical and cognitive functions lost because of radiopharmaceuticals/radioactive tracers.
- Definition Regenerative Medicine:
- Dictionary includes tissue engineering but also incorporates research on self-healing – where the body uses its own systems, sometimes with the help of foreign biological material to rebuild tissues and organs radiopharmaceuticals/radioactive tracers.