What THORACIC OUTLET SYNDROME means: Thoracic Outlet Syndrome - (TOS) consists of a group of distinct disorders that affect the nerves in the brachial plexus (nerves that pass into the arms from the neck) and the subclavian artery and vein blood vessels between the base of the neck and axilla (armpit).
- Definition Tethered Spinal Cord Syndrome:
- Dictionary Cord Syndrome - is a neurological disorder caused by tissue attachments that limit the movement of the spinal cord within the spinal column. These attachments cause an abnormal stretching of the thoracic outlet syndrome.
- Definition Trigeminal Neuralgia:
- Dictionary Neuralgia - (TN), or Tic Douloureux, ( also known as prosopalgia ) is a neuropathic disorder of the trigeminal nerve that causes episodes of intense pain in the eyes, lips, nose, scalp, forehead, and thoracic outlet syndrome.
- Definition Tabes Dorsalis:
- Dictionary slow degeneration of the nerve cells and nerve fibers that carry sensory information to the brain. The degenerating nerves are in the dorsal columns of the spinal cord (the portion closest to the thoracic outlet syndrome.
- Definition Tarlov Cysts:
- Dictionary fluid-filled sacs that most often affect nerve roots in the sacrum, the group of bones at the base of the spine. These cysts can compress nerve roots, causing lower back pain, sciatica (shock-like or thoracic outlet syndrome.