What NIEMANN-PICK DISEASE means: Niemann-Pick Disease - an autosomal recessive disorder affecting lipid metabolism (the breakdown and use of fats and cholesterol in the body), in a way which causes harmful amounts of lipids to accumulate in the spleen, liver, lungs, bone marrow, and brain.
- Definition Neuronal Migration Disorders:
- Dictionary Neuronal Migration Disorders - (NMDs) are a group of birth defects caused by the abnormal migration of neurons in the developing brain and nervous system niemann-pick disease.
- Definition Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome:
- Dictionary Malignant Syndrome - (NMS) is a life-threatening, neurological disorder most often caused by an adverse reaction to neuroleptic or antipsychotic drugs. It generally presents with muscle rigidity niemann-pick disease.
- Definition Neuronal Ceroid Lipofuscinosis:
- Dictionary Lipofuscinosis - (NCL, also known as Batten Disease) is the general name for a family of at least eight genetically separate neurodegenerative disorders that result from excessive accumlation of niemann-pick disease.
- Definition Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus:
- Dictionary Hydrocephalus - (NPH) is an abnormal increase of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) in the brain's ventricles, or cavities. It occurs if the normal flow of CSF throughout the brain and spinal cord is niemann-pick disease.