What NIEMANN-PICK DISEASE means: Niemann-Pick Disease - an autosomal recessive disorder affecting lipid metabolism (the breakdown and use of fats and cholesterol in the body), in a way which causes harmful amounts of lipids to accumulate in the spleen, liver, lungs, bone marrow, and brain.
- Definition Neurotoxicity:
- Dictionary occurs when the exposure to natural or manmade toxic substances, which are called neurotoxins, alters the normal activity of the nervous system. This can eventually disrupt or even kill neurons, key niemann-pick disease.
- Definition Neuropathy - Hereditary:
- Dictionary Hereditary - a group of inherited disorders of the peripheral nervous system. Within the group there are 4 subcategories of disorders, including hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy, hereditary niemann-pick disease.
- Definition Neurosarcoidosis:
- Dictionary refers to sarcoidosis, a condition of unknown cause featuring granulomas in various tissues, involving the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord). It can have many manifestations, but niemann-pick disease.
- Definition Neurological Complications Of Lyme Disease:
- Dictionary Complications Of Lyme Disease - Lyme disease is caused by a bacterial organism that is transmitted to humans via the bite of an infected tick. Most people bitten by an infected tick develop a niemann-pick disease.