What ATAXIAS AND CEREBELLAR OR SPINOCEREBELLAR DEGENERATION means: Ataxias and Cerebellar or Spinocerebellar Degeneration - (SCA) is a genetic disease with multiple types, each of which could be considered a disease in its own right. Spinocerebellar ataxia (SCA) is one of a group of genetic disorders characterized by slowly progressive in-coordination of gait and often associated with poor coordination of hands, speech, and eye movements. Frequently, atrophy of the cerebellum occurs.
- Definition Anoxia:
- Dictionary a pathological condition in which the body as a whole (generalized hypoxia) or region of the body (tissue hypoxia) is deprived of adequate oxygen supply. Hypoxia in which there is complete ataxias and cerebellar or spinocerebellar degeneration.
- Definition Arnold-Chiari Malformation:
- Dictionary Malformation - sometimes referred to as Chiari II malformation or ACM, is a congenital malformation of the brain. It occurs in almost all children born with both spina bifida and hydrocephalus. The ataxias and cerebellar or spinocerebellar degeneration.
- Definition Arteriovenous Malformation:
- Dictionary Malformation - (AVMs) are defects of the circulatory system that are generally believed to arise during embryonic or fetal development or soon after birth. Although AVMs can develop in many different ataxias and cerebellar or spinocerebellar degeneration.
- Definition Autonomic Dysfunction:
- Dictionary Dysfunction - refers to a disorder of autonomic nervous system (ANS) function. Most physicians view dysautonomia in terms of failure of the sympathetic or parasympathetic components of the ANS, but ataxias and cerebellar or spinocerebellar degeneration.