What STOCK DIVIDEND means: Additional shares of stock distributed to shareholders at no cost. The number of shares received are a percentage of the shares owned. The basis of the original shares is generally apportioned equally to the total shares owned after the distribution.
- Definition Section 179 Expense Deduction:
- Dictionary treat the cost of certain qualified property as a currently deductible expense rather than as a capital expenditure. This is also referred to as expensing. See Form 4562 for the current dollar limits stock dividend.
- Definition Section 1231 Gain Or Loss:
- Dictionary A net section 1231 gain is treated as long-term capital gain and a net section 1231 loss is treated as an ordinary (fully deductible) loss stock dividend.
- Definition Self-Employment Tax:
- Dictionary Self-employment tax is social security/medicare tax paid by self-employed individuals. See our Social Securty Wages and Earnings Base rate table for the current income base stock dividend.
- Definition Straight-Line Depreciation:
- Dictionary A method of computing depreciation under which the depreciation deduction is the same for each full year stock dividend.
How works Stock Dividend meaning in Tah definition S .