What SELF-EMPLOYMENT TAX means: Self-employment tax is social security/medicare tax paid by self-employed individuals. See our Social Securty Wages and Earnings Base rate table for the current income base.
- Definition Statements:
- Dictionary Explanations of various types of income, deductions, and/or credits reported on a schedule or directly on Form 1040. Statements may or may not be official IRS forms self-employment tax.
- Definition Severance Damages:
- Dictionary Payment received because part of a property is condemned and the value of the retained part is thereby decreased self-employment tax.
- Definition Short Sale:
- Dictionary seller borrows the stock certificates or other property delivered to the buyer. At a later date, the seller either purchases similar stock or property necessary to "cover" the sale, and self-employment tax.
- Definition Section 1231 Gain Or Loss:
- Dictionary A net section 1231 gain is treated as long-term capital gain and a net section 1231 loss is treated as an ordinary (fully deductible) loss self-employment tax.
How works Self-Employment Tax meaning in Tah definition S .