What SECTION 179 EXPENSE DEDUCTION means: An election to treat the cost of certain qualified property as a currently deductible expense rather than as a capital expenditure. This is also referred to as expensing. See Form 4562 for the current dollar limits on the deduction.
- Definition Section 1231 Gain Or Loss:
- Dictionary A net section 1231 gain is treated as long-term capital gain and a net section 1231 loss is treated as an ordinary (fully deductible) loss section 179 expense deduction.
- Definition Stock Dividend:
- Dictionary of stock distributed to shareholders at no cost. The number of shares received are a percentage of the shares owned. The basis of the original shares is generally apportioned equally to the total section 179 expense deduction.
- Definition State And Local Income Tax Withheld:
- Dictionary The amounts withheld from income and submitted to the state or local tax division as an advance payment of the taxpayer's state or local income tax section 179 expense deduction.
- Definition Self-Employment Tax:
- Dictionary Self-employment tax is social security/medicare tax paid by self-employed individuals. See our Social Securty Wages and Earnings Base rate table for the current income base section 179 expense deduction.
How works Section 179 Expense Deduction meaning in Tah definition S .