What SECTION 1231 GAIN OR LOSS means: A net section 1231 gain is treated as long-term capital gain and a net section 1231 loss is treated as an ordinary (fully deductible) loss.
- Definition Section 125 Plan:
- Dictionary See Cafeteria Plan section 1231 gain or loss.
- Definition Safe Harbor:
- Dictionary that allow a (usually) simpler method of determining a tax consequence than is available following the precise language of the Code or regulations. An example is the simplified method for determining section 1231 gain or loss.
- Definition Securities:
- Dictionary evidence of an interest in corporate stock or stock rights oran interest in any note, bond, debenture or other evidence of indebtedness issued by a government or corporation. For certain tax purposes section 1231 gain or loss.
- Definition SEP:
- Dictionary See Simplified Employee Pension section 1231 gain or loss.
How works Section 1231 Gain or Loss meaning in Tah definition S .