What SAFE HARBOR means: Tax regulations that allow a (usually) simpler method of determining a tax consequence than is available following the precise language of the Code or regulations. An example is the simplified method for determining the taxable portion of pension distributions.
- Definition Section 125 Plan:
- Dictionary See Cafeteria Plan safe harbor.
- Definition State And Local Income Tax Withheld:
- Dictionary The amounts withheld from income and submitted to the state or local tax division as an advance payment of the taxpayer's state or local income tax safe harbor.
- Definition Simplified Method:
- Dictionary The most common method of computing the taxable portion of a pension received from a qualified employer plan safe harbor.
- Definition Student Loan Interest Deduction:
- Dictionary income for interest paid during the year on qualified higher-education loans. The deduction may be limited if income exceeds a specified amount. See http://www.hrblock.com/taxes/tax_calculators/rate safe harbor.
How works Safe Harbor meaning in Tah definition S .