What MEDICARE PART A means: Medicare Part A covers hospital and nursing home care. Medicare tax is withheld from an employee's wages, or paid with the tax return by a self-employed person. The medicare A tax rate is 1.45 percent (2.9 percent for self-employed individuals). Individuals other than self-employed individuals cannot deduct this tax. Self-employed individuals can deduct one-half of the amount paid as an adjustment to income.
- Definition Medicare Wages:
- Dictionary Total wages paid to an employee that are subject to Medicare tax. This amount doesn't include tips, which are reported separately medicare part a.
- Definition Margin:
- Dictionary A percentage of the full price of a security that must be paid as a down payment by an investor buying on credit. The required margin fluctuates subject to federal regulations medicare part a.
- Definition Main Home:
- Dictionary See "principal residence," defined elsewhere in this glossary medicare part a.
- Definition Moving Expenses:
- Dictionary income permitted to employees and self-employed individuals who move for work-related reasons, providing certain requirements are met. Form 3903 is used to compute deductible moving expenses medicare part a.
How works Medicare Part A meaning in Tah definition M .