What JOINT TENANCY means: A form of joint ownership under which two or more individuals own property. Each tenant has an undivided interest in the entire property. On the death of one of the owners, the survivors become the owner of the entire property. persons. Also see "Tenancy by the Entireties" and "Tenancy in Common.".
- Definition Jointly Owned Property:
- Dictionary Property held in the name of more than one person joint tenancy.
- Definition Joint Venture:
- Dictionary participated in by associates acting together, with a community of interests, each associate having the right to participate in its management. For income tax purposes, a joint venture is treated as joint tenancy.
- Definition Joint Return:
- Dictionary A return combining the income, exemptions, credits, and deductions of a husband and wife joint tenancy.
How works Joint Tenancy meaning in Tah definition J .