What HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD means: The filing status used by an unmarried taxpayer (or taxapyer who is considered unmarried) who pays over half the cost of maintaining his home that is the principal residence for over half the tax year of his qualifying child (whether or not the child is claimed as a dependent) or a qualifying relative who is claimed as a dependent. A dependent parent who does not live with the taxpayer may also qualify the taxpayer for the head of household status if qualifications are met.
- Definition Hope Scholarship Credit:
- Dictionary credit of up to $1,500 per qualified student for tuition and fees paid for the first two years of post-secondary education. Students attending school in the Gulf Opportunity Zone may qualify for a head of household.
- Definition Husband And Wife:
- Dictionary among other things, entitles a couple to file a joint income tax return. For the purpose of joint returns, common-law marriages are recognized only if the state in which the two persons reside head of household.
- Definition Household Expenses:
- Dictionary than a qualifying child is a dependent if the person who wants to claim the dependent provides over half the support and meets other tests. The dependent's share of household expenses for the head of household.
- Definition Holding Period:
- Dictionary The period of time property has been owned for income tax purposes. The holding period determines if gain or loss from the sale or exchange of a capital asset is long or short term head of household.
How works Head of Household meaning in Tah definition H .