What GENERAL DEPRECIATION SYSTEM means: The most commonly used method for computing MACRS depreciation. Personal property is depreciated using the declining-balance method (double or 150 percent, depending on the recovery class) switching to straight line when that method results in the larger deduction. Residential rental property is depreciated using the straight-line method over 27.5 years, and nonresidential real property is depreciated using the straight-line method over 39 years (31.5 years for property placed in service before May 13, 1993).
- Definition General Straight-Line Depreciation System:
- Dictionary A MACRS system of depreciation using the straight-line method over the normal MACRS recovery period for the asset general depreciation system.
- Definition Gross Rents:
- Dictionary Total income from rents before expenses or the depreciation or cost recovery deduction general depreciation system.
- Definition Goodwill:
- Dictionary Goodwill is the value of a trade or business based on expected continued customer patronage due to its name, reputation, or any other factor general depreciation system.
- Definition Government Bonds Issued At A Discount:
- Dictionary Government bonds (Series E and EE) are issued at a discount and do not pay interest during the life of the bond. Instead, the bonds are redeemable at increasing fixed amounts. Thus, the difference general depreciation system.
How works General Depreciation System meaning in Tah definition G .