What GAIN means: The excess of the amount realized from a sale or exchange over the adjusted basis of the property sold or exchanged.
- Definition Gift:
- Dictionary property from one person or entity to another without consideration or compensation. For income tax purposes, the words "gift" and "contribution" usually have separate meanings gain.
- Definition Golden Parachute:
- Dictionary An agreement entered into by a corporation with its top executives to make payments to the executives in the event of a change in corporate control. Such payments are treated as compensation gain.
- Definition General Straight-Line Depreciation System:
- Dictionary A MACRS system of depreciation using the straight-line method over the normal MACRS recovery period for the asset gain.
- Definition Gross Income:
- Dictionary Total worldwide income received in the form of money, property, or services that is subject to tax unless specifically exempt or excluded by law gain.
How works Gain meaning in Tah definition G .