What BOND means: A note obliging a corporation or governmental unit to repay, on a specified date, money loaned to it by the bondholder. The holder receives interest for the life of the bond. If a bond is backed by collateral, it is called a mortgage bond. If it is backed only by the good faith and credit rating of the issuing company, it is called a debenture.
- Definition Business Gifts:
- Dictionary gifts to a taxpayer's clients or other business associates made in the course of the taxpayer's trade or business. They must be ordinary and necessary to the taxpayer's business. The bond.
- Definition Bankruptcy:
- Dictionary For tax purposes, a formal petition filed in a Bankruptcy Court under Chapter 7, 11, 12, or 13 of Title 11 of the U.S. Code bond.
- Definition Boot:
- Dictionary a type not included in the definition of qualifying property for purposes of structuring a nontaxable exchange. The receipt of boot will cause an otherwise tax-free transfer to become taxable to the bond.
- Definition Bad Debts:
- Dictionary receivable that have been included in income in a prior year that are uncollectible, legally binding debts owed to the taxpayer that are totally worthless and uncollectible, and debts the taxpayer bond.
How works Bond meaning in Tah definition B .