What BASIS OF STOCK means: If purchased, the amount paid for the stock. If the stock is received as a gift, basis is generally the basis of the previous owner or the fair market value when received. The basis of inherited stock is usually its fair market value on the date of the decedent's death.
- Definition Business Bad Debts:
- Dictionary receivable that have been included in income that are uncollectible, legally binding debts owed to you that are uncollectible, and debts you must pay that you guaranteed in connection with your basis of stock.
- Definition Bond:
- Dictionary corporation or governmental unit to repay, on a specified date, money loaned to it by the bondholder. The holder receives interest for the life of the bond. If a bond is backed by collateral, it is basis of stock.
- Definition Bad Debts:
- Dictionary receivable that have been included in income in a prior year that are uncollectible, legally binding debts owed to the taxpayer that are totally worthless and uncollectible, and debts the taxpayer basis of stock.
- Definition Business Gifts:
- Dictionary gifts to a taxpayer's clients or other business associates made in the course of the taxpayer's trade or business. They must be ordinary and necessary to the taxpayer's business. The basis of stock.
How works Basis of Stock meaning in Tah definition B .