What ALIMONY PAYMENTS means: Payments made by one spouse to the other spouse or former spouse under a separation or divorce agreement. Qualified alimony and separate maintenance payments are includible in the gross income of the recipient and are deductible by the payer. Child support payments, voluntary payments, and property settlements are not treated as alimony.
- Definition Annualized Income:
- Dictionary and expenditures for a particular period multiplied by the ratio of 12 to the number of months in the period. For example, if annualizing the income for the period January 1 though May 31, multiply alimony payments.
- Definition Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT):
- Dictionary computing tax under which some of the income and deductions reported on the forms and schedules filed with your tax return are figured differently or disallowed. For example, interest on certain tax alimony payments.
- Definition Adjustment To Income:
- Dictionary An expense that may be deducted even if the taxpayer does not itemize deductions. Adjustments to income are subtracted from gross income to arrive at adjusted gross income alimony payments.
- Definition Accountable Plan:
- Dictionary reimbursing employees for expenses such as meals, entertainment, travel, and transportation incurred for business purposes on behalf of the employer. A plan is an accountable plan if the employer alimony payments.
How works Alimony Payments meaning in Tah definition A .