What TIC DOULOUREUX means: Tic Douloureux - also known as Trigeminal neuralgia (TN), is a chronic pain condition that causes extreme, sporadic, sudden burning or shock-like face pain that lasts anywhere from a few seconds to as long as 2 minutes per episode. The intensity of pain can be physically and mentally incapacitating. TN pain is typically felt on one side of the jaw or cheek. Episodes can last for days, weeks, or months at a time and then disappear for months or years.
- Definition Tremor:
- Dictionary unintentional, somewhat rhythmic, muscle movement involving to-and-fro movements (oscillations) of one or more parts of the body. It is the most common of all involuntary movements and can affect the tic douloureux.
- Definition Thyrotoxic Myopathy:
- Dictionary is a neuromuscular disorder that may accompany hyperthyroidism (Graves' disease, caused by overproduction of the thyroid hormone thyroxine). Symptoms may include muscle weakness, wasting of tic douloureux.
- Definition Tardive Dyskinesia:
- Dictionary a symptom caused by the long-term or high-dose use of dopamine antagonists, usually anti-psychotics, but also e.g. antiemetic metoclopramide. These neuroleptic drugs are generally prescribed for tic douloureux.
- Definition Thoracic Outlet Syndrome:
- Dictionary Syndrome - (TOS) consists of a group of distinct disorders that affect the nerves in the brachial plexus (nerves that pass into the arms from the neck) and the subclavian artery and vein blood tic douloureux.