What RILEY-DAY SYNDROME means: Riley-Day Syndrome - A very rare congenital disorder of the autonomic nervous system, occurring almost exclusively in Ashkenazi Jewish children. Symptoms include lack of tears, emotional instability, relative indifference to pain and lack of a flare response to skin scratch, corneal ulcers, hypertension, stress, taste deficiency, decreased fungiform and circumvalate papillae, unexplained bouts of fever, urinary frequency, and absent deep tendon reflexes.
- Definition Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome:
- Dictionary Dystrophy Syndrome - RSDS, also called: Causalgia, CRPS, Reflex sympathetic dystrophy, involves a disturbance in the sympathetic nervous system which is the network of nerves located alongside the riley-day syndrome.
- Definition Refsum Disease - Adult Refsum Disease (ARD):
- Dictionary Adult Refsum disease (ARD) is one of a group of genetic diseases called leukodystrophies, which damage the white matter of the brain and affect motor movements. Due to a genetic abnormality, people riley-day syndrome.
- Definition Rasmussen'S Encephalitis:
- Dictionary Encephalitis - a rare, chronic inflammatory disease that usually affects only one hemisphere of the brain. It occurs in children under the age of 10 (and more rarely in adolescents and adults), and riley-day syndrome.
- Definition Ramsay Hunt Syndrome I:
- Dictionary Syndrome I - is a rare and nebulous entity that has alternatively been called dyssynergia cerebellaris myoclonica, dyssynergia cerebellaris progressiva, dentatorubral degeneration, or Ramsay Hunt riley-day syndrome.