What NEUROSARCOIDOSIS means: Neurosarcoidosis - refers to sarcoidosis, a condition of unknown cause featuring granulomas in various tissues, involving the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord). It can have many manifestations, but abnormalities of the cranial nerves (a group of twelve nerves supplying the head and neck area) are the most common. It may develop acutely, subacutely, and chronically.
- Definition Nevus Cavernosus - Or Cavernous Angioma:
- Dictionary Nevus Cavernosus - or cavernous angioma, vascular malformation composed of sinusoidal vessels without a large feeding artery; can be multiple, especially if inherited as an autosomal-dominant trait neurosarcoidosis.
- Definition Neuropathy - Hereditary:
- Dictionary Hereditary - a group of inherited disorders of the peripheral nervous system. Within the group there are 4 subcategories of disorders, including hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy, hereditary neurosarcoidosis.
- Definition Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome:
- Dictionary Malignant Syndrome - (NMS) is a life-threatening, neurological disorder most often caused by an adverse reaction to neuroleptic or antipsychotic drugs. It generally presents with muscle rigidity neurosarcoidosis.
- Definition Neuroacanthocytosis:
- Dictionary a rare movement disorder marked by progressive muscle weakness and atrophy, progressive cognitive loss, chorea (involuntary twisting movements of the body), and acanthocytosis (spiked red blood neurosarcoidosis.