What NEUROLOGICAL SEQUELAE OF LUPUS means: Neurological Sequelae Of Lupus - is a disorder of the immune system. Normally, the immune system protects the body against invading infections and cancers. In lupus, the immune system is over-active and produces increased amounts of abnormal antibodies that attack the body's tissues and organs. Lupus can affect many parts of the body, including the joints, skin, kidneys, lungs, heart, nervous system, and blood vessels.
- Definition Niemann-Pick Disease:
- Dictionary Disease - an autosomal recessive disorder affecting lipid metabolism (the breakdown and use of fats and cholesterol in the body), in a way which causes harmful amounts of lipids to accumulate in the neurological sequelae of lupus.
- Definition Neurological Consequences Of Cytomegalovirus Infection:
- Dictionary Consequences of Cytomegalovirus Infection - CMV is in the same family of viruses that includes herpes simplex types 1 and 2, and the viruses that cause infectious mononucleosis (EBV), chickenpox, and neurological sequelae of lupus.
- Definition Neuronal Ceroid Lipofuscinosis:
- Dictionary Lipofuscinosis - (NCL, also known as Batten Disease) is the general name for a family of at least eight genetically separate neurodegenerative disorders that result from excessive accumlation of neurological sequelae of lupus.
- Definition Neurosarcoidosis:
- Dictionary refers to sarcoidosis, a condition of unknown cause featuring granulomas in various tissues, involving the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord). It can have many manifestations, but neurological sequelae of lupus.