What MINI-STROKES means: Mini-Strokes - A transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a transient stroke that lasts only a few minutes. It occurs when the blood supply to part of the brain is briefly interrupted. TIA symptoms, which usually occur suddenly, are similar to those of stroke but do not last as long. Most symptoms of a TIA disappear within an hour, although they may persist for up to 24 hours. Symptoms can include: numbness or weakness in the face, arm, or leg, especially on one side of the body; confusion or difficulty in talking or understanding speech; trouble seeing in one or both eyes; and difficulty with walking, dizziness, or loss of balance and coordination.
- Definition Microcephaly:
- Dictionary medical condition in which the circumference of the head is smaller than normal because the brain has not developed properly or has stopped growing. Microcephaly can be present at birth or it may mini-strokes definition.
- Definition Muscular Dystrophy:
- Dictionary The muscular dystrophies (MD) are a group of more than 30 genetic diseases characterized by progressive weakness and degeneration of the skeletal muscles that control movement. Some forms of MD are mini-strokes explain.
- Definition Mucopolysaccharidoses:
- Dictionary Mucopolysaccharidoses - The mucopolysaccharidoses are a group of inherited metabolic diseases caused by the absence or malfunctioning of certain enzymes needed to break down molecules called mini-strokes what is.
- Definition Miller Fisher Syndrome:
- Dictionary Syndrome - is a rare, acquired nerve disease that is considered to be a variant of Guillain-Barre syndrome. It is characterized by abnormal muscle coordination, paralysis of the eye muscles, and mini-strokes meaning.