What LYME DISEASE means: Lyme Disease- Lyme disease is caused by a bacterial organism that is transmitted to humans via the bite of an infected tick. Most people bitten by an infected tick develop a characteristic skin rash around the area of the bite. The rash may feel hot to the touch, and vary in size, shape, and color, but it will often have a "bull's eye" appearance (a red ring with a clear center). However, there are those who will not develop the rash, which makes Lyme disease hard to diagnose because its symptoms and signs mimic those of many other diseases.
- Definition Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome:
- Dictionary Syndrome - a severe form of epilepsy. Seizures usually begin before 4 years of age. Seizure types, which vary among patients, include tonic (stiffening of the body, upward deviation of the eyes lyme disease.
- Definition Lesch-Nyhan Syndrome:
- Dictionary Syndrome - also known as Nyhan's syndrome, is a rare, inherited disorder caused by a deficiency of the enzyme hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase (HGPRT). LNS is an X-linked recessive lyme disease.
- Definition Lipid Storage Diseases:
- Dictionary Diseases - or the lipidoses, are a group of inherited metabolic disorders in which harmful amounts of fatty materials called lipids accumulate in some of the body's cells and tissues. People lyme disease.
- Definition Levine-Critchley Syndrome:
- Dictionary Levine-Critchley Syndrome - very rare inherited disorder mainly involving progressive muscle weakness and wasting, abnormal limb movement, progressive cognitive loss and red blood cell abnormalities lyme disease.