What KLIPPEL-TRENAUNAY SYNDROME means: Klippel-Trenaunay Syndrome (KTS) - (KTS) is a congenital circulatory disorder characterized by hemiangiomas (abnormal benign growths on the skin consisting of masses of blood vessels), arteriovenous abscesses, and varicose veins, usually on the limbs. The affected limbs may be enlarged and warmer than normal. Fused toes or fingers, or extra toes or fingers, may be present. Bleeding may occur, often as a result of a rectal or vaginal tumor. KTS is a progressive disorder, and complications may be life-threatening.
- Definition Korsakoff'S Amnesic Syndrome:
- Dictionary Amnesic Syndrome - (Korsakoff's psychosis, amnesic-confabulatory syndrome), is a degenerative brain disorder caused by the lack of thiamine (vitamin B1) in the brain. There are six major klippel-trenaunay syndrome.
- Definition Klippel-Feil Syndrome:
- Dictionary Syndrome - is a rare disorder characterized by the congenital fusion of any 2 of the 7 cervical vertebrae. It is caused by a failure in the normal segmentation or division of the cervical vertebrae klippel-trenaunay syndrome.
- Definition Kleine-Levin Syndrome:
- Dictionary Syndrome - KLS, is a rare disorder characterized by the need for excessive amounts of sleep (hypersomnia), (e.g. up to 20 hours a day); excessive food intake (compulsive hyperphagia); and an klippel-trenaunay syndrome.
- Definition Kluver-Bucy Syndrome:
- Dictionary Syndrome - is a behavioral disorder that occurs when both the right and left medial temporal lobes of the brain malfunction. The amygdala has been a particularly implicated brain region in the klippel-trenaunay syndrome.