What INTESTINAL LIPODYSTROPHY means: Intestinal Lipodystrophy - also called Whipple's disease, a rare bacterial infection that most often affects your gastrointestinal system. It interferes with normal digestion, impairing the breakdown of foods such as fats and carbohydrates and hampering your body's ability to absorb nutrients.
- Definition Inclusion Body Myositis:
- Dictionary Myositis - Sporadic inclusion body myositis (sIBM) is an inflammatory muscle disease, characterized by slowly progressive weakness and wasting of the distal and proximal muscles, most apparent in the intestinal lipodystrophy.
- Definition Infantile Neuroaxonal Dystrophy:
- Dictionary Neuroaxonal Dystrophy - INAD is caused by an abnormal build-up of substances in the nerves throughout the brain and body, which prevents them working properly. These deposits (sometimes called intestinal lipodystrophy.
- Definition Infantile Refsum Disease:
- Dictionary Disease - is a disorder characterized by the reduction or absence of peroxisomes in the body and by the accumulation of phytanic acid in blood plasma and tissue. Infantile Refsum disease is one of a intestinal lipodystrophy.
- Definition Infantile Hypotonia:
- Dictionary or severely reduced muscle tone (the amount of tension or resistance to movement in a muscle), is seen primarily in children. It is not the same as muscle weakness but it can co-exist with muscle intestinal lipodystrophy.