What INIENCEPHALY means: Iniencephaly - is a rare birth defect caused by improper closure of the neural tube during fetal development. Iniencephaly is in the same family of neural tube defects as spina bifida, but it is more severe. Diagnosis is made immediately after birth because an infant's head is so severely bent backward that the face looks upward. There is no standard treatment for iniencephaly since most infants rarely live longer than a few hours.
- Definition Intracranial Cysts:
- Dictionary are cerebrospinal fluid-filled sacs that are located between the brain or spinal cord and the arachnoid membrane, one of the three membranes that cover the brain and spinal cord. Primary arachnoid iniencephaly.
- Definition Intestinal Lipodystrophy:
- Dictionary Lipodystrophy - also called Whipple's disease, a rare bacterial infection that most often affects your gastrointestinal system. It interferes with normal digestion, impairing the breakdown of iniencephaly.
- Definition Intracranial Hypertension:
- Dictionary Hypertension - Idiopathic intracranial hypertension (IIH), sometimes called benign intracranial hypertension (BIH) or pseudotumor cerebri (PTC) is a neurological disorder that is characterized by iniencephaly.
- Definition Isaac'S Syndrome:
- Dictionary Syndrome - (also known as neuromyotonia, Isaac-Mertens syndrome, continuous muscle fiber activity syndrome, and quantal squander syndrome) is a rare neuromuscular disorder caused by continuous iniencephaly.