What HUNTINGTON'S DISEASE means: Huntington's Disease - is caused by a trinucleotide repeat expansion in the gene coding for Huntingtin protein (Htt) and is one of several polyglutamine diseases. This expansion produces an altered form of the Htt protein, mutant Huntingtin (mHtt), which results in neuronal cell death in select areas of the brain. Huntington's disease itself isn't a terminal illness, but complications caused by it reduce life expectancy.
- Definition Holoprosencephaly:
- Dictionary is a type of cephalic disorder. This is a disorder characterized by the failure of the prosencephalon (the forebrain of the embryo) to develop. During normal development the forebrain is formed and huntington's disease definition.
- Definition Hallervorden-Spatz Disease:
- Dictionary Disease - Neurodegeneration with brain iron accumulation (NBIA) is a rare, inherited, neurological movement disorder characterized by progressive degeneration of the nervous system. Symptoms, which huntington's disease explain.
- Definition Heredopathia Atactica Polyneuritiformis:
- Dictionary Atactica Polyneuritiformis - Adult Refsum disease (ARD) is one of a group of genetic diseases called leukodystrophies, which damage the white matter of the brain and affect motor movements. Due to a huntington's disease what is.
- Definition Hydrocephalus:
- Dictionary a term derived from the Greek words "hydro" meaning water, and "cephalus" meaning head, and this condition is sometimes known as "water in the brain". People with this huntington's disease meaning.