What HOLOPROSENCEPHALY means: Holoprosencephaly - is a type of cephalic disorder. This is a disorder characterized by the failure of the prosencephalon (the forebrain of the embryo) to develop. During normal development the forebrain is formed and the face begins to develop in the fifth and sixth weeks of human pregnancy.
- Definition Hypersomnia:
- Dictionary characterized by recurrent episodes of excessive daytime sleepiness or prolonged nighttime sleep. Different from feeling tired due to lack of or interrupted sleep at night, persons with hypersomnia holoprosencephaly.
- Definition Hydromyelia:
- Dictionary refers to an abnormal widening of the central canal of the spinal cord that creates a cavity in which cerebrospinal fluid (commonly known as spinal fluid) can accumulate. As spinal fluid builds up holoprosencephaly.
- Definition Headache:
- Dictionary are four types of headache: vascular, muscle contraction (tension), traction, and inflammatory. The most common type of vascular headache is migraine. Migraine headaches are usually characterized by holoprosencephaly.
- Definition Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia:
- Dictionary Paraplegia - Hereditary spastic paraplegia (HSP), also called familial spastic paraparesis (FSP), refers to a group of inherited disorders that are characterized by progressive weakness and stiffness holoprosencephaly.