What GLOBOID CELL LEUKODYSTROPHY means: Globoid Cell Leukodystrophy - or Krabbe disease is a rare, inherited degenerative disorder of the central and peripheral nervous systems. It is characterized by the presence of globoid cells (cells that have more than one nucleus), the breakdown of the nerve's protective myelin coating, and destruction of brain cells. Krabbe disease is one of a group of genetic disorders called the leukodystrophies. There is no cure for Krabbe disease. Results of a very small clinical trial of patients with infantile Krabbe disease found that children who received umbilical cord blood stem cells from unrelated donors prior to symptom onset developed with little neurological impairment.
- Definition Guillain-Barre Syndrome:
- Dictionary Syndrome - (GBS) is an acute, autoimmune, polyradiculoneuropathy affecting the peripheral nervous system, usually triggered by an acute infectious process. There are several types of GBS, but unless globoid cell leukodystrophy definition.
- Definition Giant Cell Inclusion Disease:
- Dictionary Inclusion Disease - The cytomegalovirus (CMV) is a virus found universally throughout the world that infects between 50 to 80 percent of all adults in the United States by the age of 40. CMV is in globoid cell leukodystrophy explain.
- Definition Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia:
- Dictionary Neuralgia - is a chronic pain syndrome that causes intense, shooting pains in the back of the tongue and throat, tonsillar areas, and middle ear. The cause of glossopharyngeal neuralgia is not globoid cell leukodystrophy what is.
- Definition Giant Cell Arteritis:
- Dictionary Arteritis - (GCA) is an inflammation of the lining of your arteries - the blood vessels that carry oxygen-rich blood from your heart to the rest of your body. Adults older than age 50 are at greatest globoid cell leukodystrophy meaning.