What ATAXIA TELANGIECTASIA means: Ataxia Telangiectasia - is a rare, childhood neurological disorder that causes degeneration in the part of the brain that controls motor movements and speech. Its most unusual symptom is an acute sensitivity to ionizing radiation, such as X-rays or gamma-rays. The first signs of the disease, which include delayed development of motor skills, poor balance, and slurred speech, usually occur during the first decade of life.
- Definition Acid Maltase Deficiency:
- Dictionary Deficiency - Glycogen storage disease type II (also called Pompe disease or acid maltase deficiency) is a rare genetic disorder caused by a deficiency in the enzyme acid alpha-glucosidase (GAA) (EC 3 ataxia telangiectasia.
- Definition Aneurysm:
- Dictionary aneurysm (or anneurism) is a localized, blood-filled dilation of a blood vessel caused by disease or weakening of the vessel wall. Aneurysms most commonly occur in arteries at the base of the brain ataxia telangiectasia.
- Definition Angiomatosis:
- Dictionary refers to little knots of capillaries in various organs. These tend to be cavernous hemangiomas, which are sharply defined, sponge-like tumors composed of large, dilated, cavernous vascular spaces ataxia telangiectasia.
- Definition Ataxia:
- Dictionary #039;s ataxia is an inherited disease that causes progressive damage to the nervous system resulting in symptoms ranging from gait disturbance and speech problems to heart disease. Coordination ataxia telangiectasia.