What ARTERIOVENOUS MALFORMATION means: Arteriovenous Malformation - (AVMs) are defects of the circulatory system that are generally believed to arise during embryonic or fetal development or soon after birth. Although AVMs can develop in many different sites, those located in the brain or spinal cord can have especially widespread effects on the body. Most people with neurological AVMs experience few, if any, significant symptoms. The malformations tend to be discovered only incidentally, usually either at autopsy or during treatment for an unrelated disorder.
- Definition Angelman Syndrome:
- Dictionary Symptoms of Angelman syndrome are learning disability, jerky movements, a tendency to seizures and a happy, sociable personality. Children with Angelman syndrome often do not learn to sit until arteriovenous malformation.
- Definition Anoxia:
- Dictionary a pathological condition in which the body as a whole (generalized hypoxia) or region of the body (tissue hypoxia) is deprived of adequate oxygen supply. Hypoxia in which there is complete arteriovenous malformation.
- Definition Adie'S Pupil:
- Dictionary is a neurological condition of unknown origin with an unusual, asymmetric presentation known as anisocoria, an inequality in the size of the pupils of the eyes. It is believed to be a result of arteriovenous malformation.
- Definition Aicardi Syndrome:
- Dictionary is a rare genetic disorder. Aicardi syndrome is characterized by the following: Absence of the corpus callosum, either partial or complete (the corpus callosum is the part of the brain which sits arteriovenous malformation.