What ARNOLD-CHIARI MALFORMATION means: Arnold-Chiari Malformation - sometimes referred to as Chiari II malformation or ACM, is a congenital malformation of the brain. It occurs in almost all children born with both spina bifida and hydrocephalus. The cerebellar tonsils are elongated and pushed down through the opening of the base of the skull blocking the flow of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). The brainstem, cranial nerves, and the lower portion of the cerebellum may be stretched or compressed.
- Definition Ataxia:
- Dictionary #039;s ataxia is an inherited disease that causes progressive damage to the nervous system resulting in symptoms ranging from gait disturbance and speech problems to heart disease. Coordination arnold-chiari malformation.
- Definition Antiphospholipid Syndrome:
- Dictionary Syndrome - (APS) is a disorder characterized by recurrent venous or arterial thrombosis and/or fetal losses associated with characteristic laboratory abnormalities, such as persistently elevated arnold-chiari malformation.
- Definition Asperger Syndrome:
- Dictionary also called Asperger's syndrome, Asperger's disorder, Asperger's or AS) is one of several autism spectrum disorders (ASD) characterized by difficulties in social interaction and by arnold-chiari malformation.
- Definition Angiomatosis:
- Dictionary refers to little knots of capillaries in various organs. These tend to be cavernous hemangiomas, which are sharply defined, sponge-like tumors composed of large, dilated, cavernous vascular spaces arnold-chiari malformation.