What ARNOLD-CHIARI MALFORMATION means: Arnold-Chiari Malformation - sometimes referred to as Chiari II malformation or ACM, is a congenital malformation of the brain. It occurs in almost all children born with both spina bifida and hydrocephalus. The cerebellar tonsils are elongated and pushed down through the opening of the base of the skull blocking the flow of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). The brainstem, cranial nerves, and the lower portion of the cerebellum may be stretched or compressed.
- Definition Alexander Disease:
- Dictionary is a slowly progressing and fatal neurodegenerative disease. It is a very rare disorder which results from a genetic mutation and mostly affects infants and children, causing developmental delay and arnold-chiari malformation definition.
- Definition Arachnoiditis:
- Dictionary a neuropathic disease caused by the inflammation of the arachnoid, one of the membranes that surround and protect the nerves of the central nervous system, including the brain and spinal cord. The arnold-chiari malformation explain.
- Definition ADHD:
- Dictionary Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), or Hyper-kinetic Disorder as officially known in the UK (though ADHD is more commonly used), is generally considered to be a developmental disorder, largely arnold-chiari malformation what is.
- Definition Anencephaly:
- Dictionary condition present at birth that affects the formation of the brain and skull bones surrounding the head. Often, the brain lacks part or all of the cerebrum. There is no bony covering over the back of arnold-chiari malformation meaning.